Saturday, March 01, 2008

ronald weinland, "prophet"

I'd say a surefire way to stay away from false teaching is to note when the teacher promotes themselves. Have a look at the fifth of six important facts at the bottom of his page, but read the rest too. I'm sure you'll find that the fact that Ronald Weinland knows the exact day of Jesus' return enlightening. Apparently there's a surprise party, and Jesus is the only one who can't know about it. Another helpful hint is to note that essentially no emphasis is placed on Christ.

My dad told me a story once of a family friend of his in Rhodesia (way back in the day) who was a Jehovah's Witness, I believe. For the reason that they believed they knew the exact day Jesus would come back, or that world would end, they refused to treat their son for an illness he was suffering from. Needless to say, Jesus didn't come, and their son never got treatment, and their son died. End times belief like this can be terribly exciting in a Lord of the Rings kind of way, but in reality following teachings like Weinland's can be deadly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is interesting stuff and sometimes I dont like the idea of getting too spacific or too sure of myself with the book of revelation but Im taking a revelation course so i dont have too much of a choice. It is interesting to see what the church now is teaching so predomanantly and what some other views are. You might consider checkimg out this book Four Views on the Book of Revelation, it has four authors and its an interesting read. Honestly I cant say I fully agree with any of the four predominant views of the time. But they have good arguments.

Meg

prodigalsreturn said...

"no one knows the time, not even the son, but only the father"

hello!

My photo
Tallahassee, Florida
I am a 22 year old person. I currently am studying Buddhism and practicing Zen. I love my family quite a bit and want to learn more about what makes life a good thing.